Looking back on my first three years of college and hoping for another three, I can’t help but remember all the life-changing experiences I’ve gone through. And no matter what school you go to, every college student goes through the same cycles. First, you begin with the blundering, walking-around-campus-with-your-nose-stuck-in-a-map freshman stage, and everyone ends in the drink-all-day-every-day-and-freak-out-about-your-future senior stage.
Anyone who has been through it will tell you: college is the best four years of your life, but there are a few things that every senior wishes they’d known coming into school. As a senior now, I look back on my last three years and try to think of what enlightening knowledge I should pass on down to you newbies…
1. Parties never get old, but sometimes, you just need to kick back and watch a movie.
2. You can sleep until 11:35 and still make it to an 11:45 class.
3. Your best guy/girl friend will eventually become your boy/girl friend.
4. You can arrange your dorm furniture in a thousand different ways.
5. Anything can be made into a beer-pong table.
6. You can know nothing and ace a test.
7. You might be totally broke, but you’ll still have enough money to go to the bar.
8. No matter how much studying you have to do, there will always be time for a nap.
10. Being the smartest kid in your high school doesn’t mean anything in college.
11. Every clock on campus shows a different time.
12. Most of your education will be obtained outside of class.
13. Away-game trips are a necessity, not an option.
14. Your best friend will be your worst roommate.
15. Best friends will always be there to hold your hair back or give you a hard time about the night before.
16. The more money your parents give you, the less you’ll have every time you check your account.
17. In the dorms, shower shoes are absolutely a necessity.
18. Beer goggles are never a legitimate excuse.
19. Professors actually do care, and if you ask them for help… they’ll give it to you.
20. Home is a great place to visit, but you have to live somewhere else.
21. No matter the major, college is hard for everyone.
22. P.E. classes are a must when choosing electives.
23. Giving your blood away means free shirts and great coupons.
24. Fridays and Saturdays are the holiest days of the week.
25. Don’t try to study in the dorms unless you want to be distracted.
26. It’s okay to go to club meetings/events for the free food.
27. Just getting by is an acceptable graduation strategy.
28. College is expensive, so stop bitching about it… everyone has to pay.
29. You can know everything and fail a test.
30. Some of the best conversations will take place in community bathrooms.Share this Post[?]