You all know what piercing is, but do you know the many different forms it can take? For those of you trying to do your best ‘Rebel Yell’ with just a pair of earrings, read on.
There are many, many places of the human body that can be pierced and now commonly are. While this list is not comprehensive, (anything fleshy can be, and has been, pierced) it may broaden your horizons just a bit.
Ear: The ear is the most common place to get pierced, for both sexes. Currently there are ten common places to get you ear pierced. They are the Lobe, Outer Conch, Cartilage, Inner Conch, Tragus, Anti-Tragus, Rook, Daith, Helix, Orbital, and Industrial. But you knew that.
Eyebrow: Many people are now getting their eyebrow pierced. Although there are a number of different ways to get them pierced, the two most common places are the eyebrow itself and the bridge.
Nose: Another common piercing, this is generally done through the nostril or the septum, which is the cartilage between the nostrils.
Tongue: There are three common ways to get your tongue pierced. The most common way is Center-tongue Piercing. The others are Off-Center-tongue and the Horizontal.
Lip: There are many different ways to get your lips and the surrounding area of your mouth pierced. Here are some common lip piercings.
- Standard Labret-centered between the lip and chin
- Scrumper- piercing the gum line
- Madonna- piercing above or below your lip to one side or the other
- Medusa- piercing above or below the lip in the center of the face
- Lowbret- piercing through facial skin below the tooth line to one side or the other.
Nipple: Both males and females are now commonly getting their nipples pierced. There is really only one place on the nipple to get pierced but there are a few different ways to get them done. Standard piercings are bars or rings through the center of the nipple, but piercings are also done with a larger gauge, stretching the nipples to accept larger gauge rings, multiple piercings and vertical piercings, which go through the nipples vertically rather than horizontally.
Navel: While this is most commonly done by women, some men will do it as well. There are a few different ways to get your navel pierced, standard, multiple, Inverse (piercing through the bottom of the navel rather than the top) and Horizontal (piercing horizontally through the navel).
Male Genital: There are numerous different types of piercings for male genitalia.
- Ampallangs- Horizontally through the head
- Apadravyas- Vertically through the head
- Frenum- Through the underside of the penis near the base
- Scrotal Ladder- Multiple frenum piercings
- Guiche a.k.a. The Taint- Between the rectum and the testicles
- Hafadas- Testicles (ouch)
- Scrotal- Scrotum
- Prince Albert- Through the urethra and out through the bottom of the penis
- Dydoes- Through the ridge and the head, usually done in pairs
- Foreskin – For our non civilized readers
- Prince’s Wands- A stainless steel tube about 3-4.5” long, hollowed out with the inner end tapered and rounded. The tube is worn in the urethra and is kept in place by a ball-ended stud worn through Prince Albert, Ampallangs, or Apadravyas piercings and screwed into the Wand.
Female Genital: Again, there are many ways to do theses piercings.
- Clitoral Hood- Through the skin directly above the clitoris
- Triangle- Through the skin at the base of both labia under the clitoris
- Inner Labia- Through the inner labia
- Outer Labia- Through the outer labia
So there it is. If it’s possible that this list doesn’t include a piercing that’s just right for you, keep working on it. You have a whole lot of body parts, why not find one to decorate?Share this Post[?]